5 Gemstones Ideal for the Golden Summer Season
Gemstones and their glory have been mesmerizing everyone since time immemorial. But did you know that they have powerful healing energies too? Besides their glint & glamour, they resonate with the human body & nourish with their potencies. Come, let's take a look at the uniqueness & unknown facts that add an edge to their shine.
Here's presenting to you the A-list of gemstones that accentuate your panache, add to your pride & are perfect for the summer.
(Visual: Colour Palette with all 5 gemstone shades)
Emeralds are among the rarest of all gemstones, adding the perfect tinge of their natural evergreen sheen & freshness to the summer mood. It is said that the ancient Egyptians considered them a symbol of eternal youth, while the Romans thought that gazing at them would relieve stress.
These stones are believed to enhance intuition. Wish to test your lover’s loyalty? Use the charm of an emerald as it acts as a truth potion. People who wear an emerald are also said to have a peaceful & harmonious married life. We hope it adds some revelry too.
The beauty, positivity, and unmatched richness that comes with it is indeed admirable. And to add to this, emeralds bring immense good luck & fortune to the wearer as per Indian astrology.
Multiple benefits & one fine gem. But wearing gems can be tricky when it comes to finding the perfect outfits that compliment them. Thankfully, in the case of emeralds, it's all about playing it right with contrast shades like yellow, red, grey, blue, pink, white & even the blissful greens hues. May it be chic office wear, abstract print salwar or a sensual saree, emeralds add boldness to any attire. Just sum up with your favourite summer wear.
Ranka Tips for the Emerald
- The most desirable emerald colours are bluish-green to green, with vivid saturation & medium to medium-dark tone. Beware as the palest stones are not emeralds, but rather green beryl.
- Nearly 99% of natural emeralds have inclusions, so if you find a stone without it, chances are it is synthetic.
- Due to the inclusions within an emerald, it is not advisable to clean them in an ultrasonic cleaner. Instead, clean gently with warm water.
- Most emeralds are oil-coated to prevent unforeseen chipping. As a further precaution, you can coat them with baby oil to prevent them from becoming brittle.
The ruby is certainly, one of the most beautiful stones. It is the symbol of love, passion, protection & prosperity. It encourages vitality, sensuality & the sharpness of intellect. The ruby also supports the retention of wealth. Wearing it as a jewel or treasuring it as a rare collectable, owning this gem is surely a win-win!
And if you’re planning to wear it as a large statement jewel, we recommend keeping the rest of your outfit simple with fewer patterns or shimmer. Large rubies look best when paired with simple, block colours, such as white, grey, warm beige, canary yellow, navy blue, & even lime or deep green. Keep them ruby glowing.
Ranka Tips for the Ruby
- Most rubies are treated for enhanced colour. If the colour is light or very deep, it could be fake. It can be a Garnet instead. It is advisable to check the cut of the ruby. It should be crisp, smooth & have symmetrical facets from all sides. Also, there should be no gas streaks or bubbles.
- Rubies are robust. Cleaning them is easy with lukewarm water, a soft brush, and mild liquid soap.
Yellow sapphire is one of the widely popular & beneficial gemstones among the Navaratnas. Regarded to be one of the safest, it can do wonders in one’s life, influence spiritual inclinations & help in attaining greater solace.
It imparts knowledge, auspicious wealth, relationships, fame, & desirable success. The positive vibrations enhance positivity & owning a yellow sapphire would mean drizzling gains. That said, it is advisable to be aware of its right usage.
And if there’s something you shouldn’t be worried about is flaunting the gem on the fashionable front. This warm colour looks best with both pastel & dark coloured outfits. Light candy shades of pink, beige, raspberry, lavender, mint and even intense colours like purple, teal, aqua or green look great when bejewelled with the sapphire. We suggest you wear your favourite sunnies & flaunt the summer look unabashedly.
Ranka Tips for Yellow Sapphire
- Yellow sapphires are the most trusted and popular choice when it comes to gemstones.
- It is suggested that before wearing the yellow sapphire ring, it should be immersed in milk or holy water to remove impurities.
- Usually, the yellow sapphire is worn on the index finger of the right hand.
- The duration of this gemstone is 3 years, so it should be changed after this period.
The alluring blue colour instantly comes to mind while imagining a sapphire gemstone. Its beauty & value has a lot to do with its shade. The deep & intense royal blue sapphires are considered to be among the most valuable.
Astrologically, the blue sapphire is considered amongst the most potent gemstones. It is known to heal ailments of the brain, sense organs & nervous system, equally being beneficial from a therapeutic perspective. It draws the cosmic energies associated with blue & brings this colour in equilibrium in the human body. Enthralling much.
The stunning shade of this gemstone has always grabbed attention and praise. Here are a few ways you can wear the blue sapphire & look all splendid. Make a bold statement by teaming it with monochromes, hot pink, or marigold coloured apparel. You can go subtle with sage green, off-white & cream too. One thing we are sure of is that you will naturally look gorgeous. Simply adore your sapphire & proudly be adorned with it.
Ranka Tips for Blue Sapphire
- Get detailed knowledge from an astrologer especially when it comes to wearing blue sapphire.
- If you wish to start a new venture or make a drastic change in your life, placing a blue sapphire, anywhere in your home can be of great help.
- Blue sapphires that are eye-clean or free of inclusions are uncommon, especially in larger sizes. Silk inclusions are acceptable if they are not dense or compromising on the colour.
- It is suggested that one should explore all the available shapes, sizes, cuts & designs while finalizing the blue sapphire for an engagement ring as it’s once in a lifetime & we surely know how particular you could be.
Peal is known to authorize the power of the planet moon. Like the tranquility exuded by the moon, the pearl has a soothing effect on the wearer. It imbibes faith & enhances personal integrity. Pearls grant exceptional foresight, protection from hazardous business transactions & even the evil eye. It wouldn’t be wrong to say that pearls are personal protectors.
Their serene overtones help in sporting them with almost any attire. Planning to keep it elegant? The dainty pearl necklaces can work miracles. Wondering what would look best with the party dress? Heavy pearl jewels are always apt. From office couture to heavy outfits, light breezy dresses to night function sarees, pearls can just keep you shinning at all ages, all way & all day.
Ranka Tips & Tricks for the Pearl
- The properties of pearls depend upon their distinct shade. The white pearl bestows brighter opportunities, caramel shade brings knowledge and off-white/ caramel pearls offer richness.
- The ring is usually worn on the little finger of the right hand. Before wearing, the ring should be dipped in holy water or cow milk for at least 10 minutes.
- It is advisable to regularly clean the pearl ring with soap water or a soft brush as the dust deposited at the bottom of the stone is said to reduce the gemstone's astrological effects.
- The combination of pearl & rudraksha helps to solve problems related to depression. It also inspires love & faith between two partners.
Having presented to you our favourite picks for this spectacular summer season, we wish that your life is filled with the goodness & glory of your chosen gemstone. Dazzle like a jewel as you are rare as a gem!